We may aggregate or anonymize any information we collect. To anonymize information means we alter the information so that it cannot be reasonably be identified to you and/or your vehicle. To aggregate information means we combine data at a high-level from a multitude of individuals or combination of sets of data which by its very nature cannot be reasonably be identified to you and/or your vehicle. Once anonymized or aggregated, this information may be used for any purpose and/or shared with any third party for any purpose. Anonymized or aggregated data, for example, may be used to provide information on traffic patterns, traffic reporting and similar services, or to inform car manufacturers about characteristics of different vehicle models.
When we say “Tail Light” or “we” or “us” or similar words, we mean Tail Light, LLC.
When we say “Preferred Dealership,” we mean the dealership where you purchased your car, purchased warranty products, obtained our Services, and from which you may elect to receive offers through the Tail Light App as described below.
Information we collect and how it is used
We collect the following kinds of information from you, from your Preferred Dealership, from the active Adapter in your vehicle, from data you input into our App, and from other companies as described further below.
Account Information includes:
· Information about you, like your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, log-in information and password, license plate number, and emergency contact information;
· Your billing information, like your credit card number; and
· Information about the acquisition of your vehicle (including warranty products purchased, if any), like the date of purchase or lease of your vehicle and your selling dealership.
Vehicle-Related Information includes:
· Information about your vehicle, like the vehicle’s identification number (“VIN”), its make, model and year;
· Information about your vehicle’s condition, like diagnostic data, odometer readings, fuel economy;
· Information that might indicate that your Adapter has been tampered with;
· Information about when your vehicle’s ignition is on or off; and
· Information about collisions involving your vehicle.
Driving and Geolocation Information includes:
· Information like the location of your vehicle, last known location of your vehicle, the GPS speed of your vehicle, business vs personal trip identification, individual turn-by-turn trips and related logs, prohibited zones entered, hard driving events, over speed events, unauthorized drive time, valet designated activities and other similar information about how the vehicle is used.
How We Collect the Information
We collect the information described above from you (such as when you use the App), from your vehicle (by remote communication using the Adapter equipment in your vehicle), and from other sources, your Preferred Dealership and others.
How We Use the Information
Tail Light may use your Account Information, Vehicle-Related Information, and Driving and Geolocation Information for the following purposes.
· To provide Services to you, including checking, maintaining, and updating the Tail Light system;
· To assign a care plan to your vehicle;
· To install and configure changes and/or updates to certain software or systems;
· To communicate with you about your account or the Services;
· For troubleshooting, evaluation of use, and research;
· To improve our training related to products and Services;
· To improve our products and Services;
· To protect the safety of you or others;
· To prevent and detect fraud or misuse of our Service; and
· As required by law.
Sharing of Information – Account Information and Vehicle-Related Information
We may share your Account Information and Vehicle-Related Information with third parties for the purposes outlined below. We will only share your credit card information with credit card processors, or systems providers necessary to process, store or manage credit card information, with a company that buys or takes over our business, or with appropriate third parties to comply with legal obligations.
· Our service providers, like companies that store or process information on our behalf, that help us provide Services to you, that help us evaluate the Services, or that help us operate our business;
· By downloading and installing the App, you are electing to share your Contact Information (excluding your billing information) with your Preferred Dealership to assist the Preferred Dealership for marketing purposes and other promotional service notifications.
· You will have the choice to share certain Vehicle Information with the Preferred Dealership automatically by selecting the “Manage Me” option or on a case-by-case basis by selecting the “Help Me” option. If you choose to share information with one of these options, we may share select Vehicle Information (mileage and diagnostic information only), to assist the Preferred Dealership in servicing your vehicle, for marketing purposes or to provide maintenance notifications, warranty notifications, and other promotional service notifications. This election may be made during the download and installation of our App or at any time by changing your settings in the “Notification Settings” item in the Main menu in the App;
· A company that buys or takes over our business, to provide the Services, any other services you have requested, or to operate the business; and
· Appropriate third parties, in order to comply with legal obligations, protect the safety or rights of you or others, or when we receive a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal request.
Sharing of Information – Driving and Geolocation Information We may share your Driving and Geolocation Information with the third parties listed below for the following purposes:
· Our service providers, like companies that store or process information on our behalf, or that help us provide the Services or operate our business;
· A company that buys or takes over our business, to enable it to provide the Services, or to operate the business; and
· Appropriate third parties, in order to comply with legal obligations, to protect the safety or rights of you or others, or in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, or other legal request.
Your Choices About the Collection, Use and Sharing of Information
Some collection and sharing practices are tied to the Services we offer. To stop the collection or sharing of some information, you may have to change your “Notification Settings” or decline those Services or be willing to accept limited functionality.
How Tail Light and Your Preferred Dealership Communicates with You
By electing to share Account Information (other than billing information) and further electing to share select Vehicle-Related Information with your Preferred Dealership, you also will elect your preferred communication method – telephone call, email or text message (SMS messages). Accordingly, your Preferred Dealership may contact you about products or services that may be of interest to you through In-App Messages and/or when necessary via your preferred communication method.
Tail Light may contact you about the Services (which may include cancellation of the Services) using notifications through In-App Messages, postal mail, telephone calls, and e-mail using any electronic address you have provided to us.
You can manage your communication preferences and/or update or correct your contact information by updating your Contact Information and/or changing your Notification Settings in the App.
How Tail Light Safeguards Your Information
We use technical, administrative, and physical safeguards in place designed to help protect your information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, destruction or theft. Our staff are trained on the importance of protecting privacy and on the proper access to, use and disclosure of customer information. Under our practices, access to sensitive personally identifiable information is authorized only for those who have a business need for such access.
If we transfer, or otherwise make information that identifies you or your vehicle available to a third-party service provider, we will contractually require any such service providers maintain similar technical, physical and administrative safeguards designed to protect your information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, destruction or theft.
Although we work hard to protect personal information that we collect and store, no program is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use or disclose personal information.
If you become aware of a security concern, please contact a customer service representative via the Customer Service tab located in the App menu. We will work with you to resolve any problems.
How Long Tail Light Keeps Your Information
We may keep the information we collect until we no longer need the information to provide Services to you, to operate our business, to enable us to communicate with you, or troubleshooting purposes, or to satisfy our legal or contractual obligations.
We will anonymize or dispose of the information we collect when we no longer need it.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We may need to update this Privacy Statement from time to time as our business and Services expand or change, or if we are required to by law. If we do, we will post the most up-to-date version in the Tail Light App, so you should periodically check for any updates.
If we materially change the practices stated in this Privacy Statement and you’re a customer, we will notify you by sending an e-mail to the email address that you have provided or, if you do not have an e-mail address on file with us, we will send the notice by postal mail or otherwise take reasonable steps to bring the change to your attention.
We’ll get your consent to the changes if legally required.
How to Contact Tail Light
If you have a general question, you can visit our website at www.taillight.com, select the “Frequent Q&A’s” item in the App’s menu or contact Support via the Support item in the App’s menu.
If you have a specific question about our privacy practices, contact the Tail Light Privacy Department by writing to Tail Light, LLC c/o Privacy Department, 12377 Merit Drive, 3rd Floor, Dallas, Texas, 75251.
© 2018 Tail Light • All Rights Reserved